»

05 December 2008

Where a Kid can be a Kid, and mom's hide from ex-cons...


Ashton, Kimberly, Emma and I ventured to the long-forgotten Chuck E Cheese on a cold day hoping for some indoor fun with the kids.

We were enthusiastically greeted at the front door by the man who stamps hands and lets people in and out to make sure children are leaving with the adults they came with. We were even more enthusiastically greeted by the cashier girl who told me she hated me because she loved my teeth and that I looked like little Barbie. Shortly after we had roamed around some, and enjoyed the kids having so much fun together on the rides, the male workers started to randomly approach my sister and I to sneak us stacks of tickets and tokens...as well as slipping tokens in the rides Emma and Ashton were in to let them keep riding. This went on for hours. The front door man was in love with the kids...almost a little too much, which worried us a tiny, and one of the older "creeper" guys secretly followed my sister and I around while sneaking us more and more tickets.

We decided this would never stop until we cashed in our tickets, picked out toys and left...which is what we started to do. We ended up picking out toys for the kids on 4 different occasions before we actually got out of there because as we were picking out toys the men were still coming up to us giving us more and more stacks of tickets! What there in Chuck E Cheese's would we ever want or use that many tickets on? At one point the "creeper" was assisting us at the toy counter and pulled out a few "extras" that he'd just "throw in"....including some fizzing tabs for the tub that he told us we could take a "warm bath" with one night... not kidding. He also helped me wondering what the kids would want, and after me telling him there wasn't much else to get, (since we had one or three of everything), he said to me, "Well, what do YOU want???" with a sneaky grin. We busted our A's out of there ASAP and promised we wouldn't visit there again anytime soon and when we do we will donate all the free hand outs to the other mom's.







We were appreciative of the freebies....but not so much of the uncomfortable kindness. Nonetheless, Emma and Ashton were clueless to all this and had a fan-tabulous time which was our end goal! Good job moms!

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh my!
that is very creepy. one time i let the girls play in this arcade for a while and there was only one guy there. he was...in my space. my kids are old enough to notice and lynzee was so aware that she came and actually sat on my lap and said to him "my mom is married you shouldn't act like you like her" then we left...it was brilliant. i'm glad you were not alone...seriously. but maybe we'll give them a little credit for being so giving during the christmas season.

Staci Alexander said...

Wow...i like how you used the word creepy, because that's really the only word you can put with that story...also maybe gross. Anyway, i'm glad you guys left when you did...some people have no respect for others when they're trying to enjoy time with their families!